7.24.2009

Panama City Beach Trip

(7/18-7/23) The whole time we were in the car driving Abby kept saying she couldn't wait to play in the sand, and that is just what she meant, because as soon as she got her bathing suit on and we said go for it she was rolling in the sand like she couldn't get enough of it. We ate outside at Shuckums but first we had to draw on the wall! When you are riding down the strip with the windows rolled down and the music turned up loud this is what you get. Abby was cracking me up when she was getting down in her car seat, she was into it too! After souvenir shopping Abby wanted to ride, each one she got on took her money, but after trying them all and the fourth one finally worked it was worth all the quarters we put in when she was so happy and started laughing. We went to Pier Park and as soon as we the trampoline ride thing, we knew we would be paying for her to ride and sure enough that's what she wanted to do. She waited her turn so patiently,(forever) and when she was done she just squeezed our neck and told us over and over how much fun that was. Abby saw this giraffe and told me she wanted her picture made with it, she colored her picture at the restaurant, The Back Porch and then when we got ready to go back to our car we got a ride on a pedicab, and he took the scenic route, that was worth what ever Jason tipped him. We ate at Captain Anderson's for my birthday, I know, what better way to celebrate your birthday? Well I turned 30, and was not very happy about it and have really been dreading it. Before we blew out the candle we all made a wish and Abby said her wish was that she could eat that pie and then she said I wish my mom wouldn't be 30, I said me too! But while we were eating that yummy piece of chocolate pie and I got to share it with my two favorite people I figured it will be okay so I am over it now. We went to Gulf World to see the dolphin show and the high divers and the sea lion show, that was a lot of fun getting to watch Abby experience all these new things, we saw huge turtles, manta ray's, birds, sharks, penguins,alligators and a scuba diver. After we took pictures on the beach, we went back to the room, and I cooked a pizza while Jason took Abby back to the beach to do some crab hunting, we just knew she would freak out but she thought they were pretty and she even walked on the sand after seeing them. She usually goes crazy when she sees any type of bug or insect, she always surprises me. MORE HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR TRIP. ~We left Gulf World to eat at Pineapple Willy's then went back to watch the sea lion show ~Abby though she was something else with her newest phone and purse as we walked to our car ~she loved playing on the top bunk ~we spent a lot of time waiting on elevators. ~Jason and I got to snorkel because the water was crystal clear ~Jason and Abby sorting out all the pretty shells ~Abby made friends ~our condo was so nice ~Abby went wild running on the beach ~we had green flags every day ~Abby took a nap on the way to the car to get our luggage. We had a great trip and made a lot of memories!